Friday 7 December 2018

Mini Me Santa

Hello.  Welcome.  Paperartsy have a matchbox art challenge that I have been thinking about.  Then Etsuko made some stunning art using shrink plastic, and an idea I have been playing with came into focus.


There we go!!  Serviettes, candle and matchbox in a bag.
Let's talk a bit more about the matchbox.  



It took a bit of finding but I finally got hold of this chunky matchbox.  I put the ruler there and then covered it up with my watermark LOL.  These boxes are 7 x 5 x 2.5cm and are a lovely size to work with.  The matches are also a bit longer than usual so finger friendly!!


I cut a piece of designer paper 14.5 x 7cm.  I used a snowflake and a sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance and embossed with Wow gold embossing powder.  The Norwegian sentiment reads 'with wishes for a lovely christmas'.  I also used an embossing pen to add some lines, squiggles and edging and also embossed in gold.


Cover the two large sizes of your matchbox with double sided tape and stick on your decorated paper and voila!!  If you got the embossing in the right place hopefully it looks like a little book.   The size of paper allows a little overlap on the striker side and a curve on the spine side with the 'title'.  And then there's that santa shrinky dinky........


I cut my white shrink plastic with Sizzix Ornament 2 die and stamped Kreativ Henders Santa.  I coloured with distress ink and after shrinking added some silver pilot marker to the top.  Then I hung it off a bit of red and gold twine.  


I've used the same santa image on the candle using tissue paper to transfer the image.  You can see how much it shrank and how lovely the details remain.  I put them in a bag with some santa patterned serviettes and used more of the red and gold twine with a couple of square wooden beads for a little festive paafff!!   Thinking this will be a perfect hostess gift for a pre-Christmas party we have been invited to.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Paperartsy Topic 21 - Matchbox Art
Crafteezee Challenge - Gift
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Wrap It Up

4 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Very clever little hardback book cover you've created there - and so eye-catching in the gilded red and gold. A great gift set.
Alison x

geezercrafter said...

Amazing creation Gail. Fab gift set.

PaperArtsy said...

What a wonderful gift set! Nice job Gail!

Craftyfield said...

A lovely project and, yes, it does look like a book, a Vintage one to boot!