Sunday 24 June 2018

Playing in the Woad

Hello.  Welcome.  I played with Nancy the other day for the CC Designs Twinchie challenge and today Henry said it was his turn.  


I stamped CC Designs Viking Henry on a scrap of white card, cut round the sword and his hand and used a Gummiapan 5cm (2") stitched die to cut out my twinchie.  I coloured him with distress inks and his sword with silver pilot marker.  I gave my twinchie a background wash with Stormy Sky distress ink and edged with black archival.  

Twinchie Henry joining the fun at

And cos a twinchie doesn't take long to make I also did this......



I used a orange base card and cut a blue scrap with Stamplorations medium Crazy Double Stitch Rectangle die and Poppystamps House in the Woods die.  I love this cute little wood and house collage but I always seem to end up vanishing the house....


I stamped Henry on a scrap of white card using black archival, coloured with distress inks and the silver plot marker again and fussy cut.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Henry card is joining the fun at

12 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

I love how the sword stretches up and over the border on the twinchie. Henry is a doll and works for your card as well. That is a super die you have used for your card and I see what you mean about the house. But I know it's there, so it's okay! Nice work, my friend!

Di said...

Really great card as well as your twinchie! I love Henry (Len's middle name) - so cute flying into battle there :)

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Psst - I like your GDPR wording below the comments box. It's not over heavy but addresses the subject well. It's the best I've seen - and I've been seeing a lot! I do hope you don't mind me using your same words - and I think you've got it in absolutely the right place too!!

Di xx

Kathy Krug said...

I love the focal image and how you used the Poppy Stamp die for the backdrop. Very clever. Thanks for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.
Kathy
DRU DT

Misty Elam said...

Cute card!! That image is adorable. I really like your color choice. Blue on orange is certainly bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
Misty

Darlene said...

What a great idea ... looks awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Summertime Fun’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

pam said...

Fabulous card ..great idea.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Sybrina K said...

Well, I don't think Henry could feel more alive than playing in your wonderful woods scene. Great card, great challenge theme interpretation! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

Robin said...

Great designs Gail! Thanks for participating in Poppystamps "For The Boys" challenge!

Fikreta said...

so great card!
hugs

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT MEMBER

Celeste Goff said...

Such an adorably cute image! Love that die cut background too. Thank you for joining us at W2CB!