Monday 2 October 2017

I Predict Rain

Hello.  Welcome.  It's the second of the month and the September Card Chain Challenge reveal has been published.  At this time I would usually be sharing the amazing card that I sent to Cheryl in Georgia.  Unfortunately, due to circumstances, some in our control and some not, I do believe my card is late!!   Sacrilege!!  And big apologies to Cheryl.  I was a tinsy winsy bit late getting it in the post, and it is flying into Hurricane Irma woz here territory, so everything crossed that Cheryl weathered the storm safely and her mailbox is still standing.    So whilst we wait for the mail to fly I have put together a little something for the CASology Fortune challenge.


When I saw the cue card my brain remembered some shaped buttons I got from Dress It Up.  One of them was a glittery crystal ball (NBUS).  So I dug it out and also spotted one shaped like a witch's head (NBUS)!!  Perfect.  Someone to read the fortune.  So I stuck the ball and witch head buttons to the card, used Memory Box Shine stencil and Mustard Seed distress ink to make rays of 'light' and stamped the Sparkle and Sprinkle sentiment.  Despite being the season to spook, it looked a little strange having head of witch just floating in space, so I employed my phenomenal drawing talents to give her a cloak and added a few dashes that suggest the crystal ball is levitating, which is what you expect a crystal ball to do.  Don't you??  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

I predict I will join the fun at
CASology Week 268 - Fortune
NBUS Challenge 12
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Week 435 - Sentiment In Focus 




6 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Well, who better to read that crystal ball than a witch?! Perfect use of your buttons -- and I think your freehand witch body is pretty darn good, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology with this fun card!

Dotty Jo said...

I like this - very witty! Jo x

Anna Uhras said...

So fun and clever! Great take on the cue!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology!! Anna xo

Ellibelle said...

Cute card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!

Melissa Bove said...

Such a fun card! Love it! So clever and creative!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Darnell said...

I think there's a stamp artist in there dying to get out, Gail! Your cloak is fabulous, as is the whole clever card!! Your HM at CASology was so well-deserved!! Thank you so much for playing three times in my NBUS Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell