Thursday 23 April 2015

Bearing Gifts

Hello.  Welcome.  It seems yesterday was Earth Day, but more importantly it was my birthday!  Yeah.  Happy Birthday to me.  I had planned to relax and do some crafting but best laid plans and all that.  I blame it on the cake!!  Hee hee.   I made a huge trifle and there's loads left so if you are passing do drop in LOL.  

Then today became Happy Mail Day!!  Yeah.  I had a card from my CCC friend Emily in Ohio.  Thanks Emily, it's lovely.  I had some gorgeous stamps from Bibi at Rubber Dance Stamps.  Thanks so much Bibi for an awesome giveaway.  And I got Small Birds I had ordered from STAMPlorations.  They are so sweet and cute.  What a fun day. 

So feeling inspired I would like to share a black and white bonanza with you.  Black and white cos that's the challenge over at Speedy Fox and Friends.  The bonanza begins with a card made using the sketch and Small Birds stamp from STAMPlorations.



I cut a white panel with SSS stitch rectangle die and stamped STAMPlorations kingfisher from the small birds set.  I masked the bird and stencilled some of the flowers from STAMPlorations Happy Flowers with black archival.  I drew the circle with a pen and stamped the sentiment from STAMPlorations Celebrate Artsy set.  I mounted the panel on a black base card.

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 258 - Black and White
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge 32
STAMPlorations April Challenge - Stamps and Numbers
STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - CAS

Thanks for dropping by.  Two more black and white posts coming very soon.  If you are interested in joinng the Card Chain Challenge you can sign up for the May Fun HERE.  Hugz

13 comments:

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Simply beautiful! Very clean! Thanks for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge. Hope you play again!
hugs,
Pam
MFP SF&F DT
www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

LauraJane:) said...

GREAT use of that sketchy bird! Thanks for joining in the fun at STAMPlorations!!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

Julie B said...

A great card and v graphic looking with the b/w colourway.
Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations and happy birthday for yesterday. :)

OH Babs said...

Well I love the card birthday girl. Black and white looks super on a CAS card and you used the stamps perfectly.

Stampsnob. said...

Black and white and beautiful Thanks for sharing at MFP SFF..........Lis

hellerlittle said...

OMG... thats a great work out !!!
Love how you combined all !!!
CU hellerlittle

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wowzers - yet another beauty!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Love that pretty image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Monika Reeck said...

WOOOWWW
I love that black and white and how you arrange the sketch with that bird and flower
Clever card my friend
hugs, Monika

hellerlittle said...

I LOve your Card this much
look please
Thanks for inspiring me
hugs hellerlittle

Sari / Granne said...

This is stunning, love the combination of images and clear black & white colourpalet. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations 32nd sketch challenge, hope to see you again, good luck.

Christine said...

Happy belated birthday. Love your black and white card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.