Wednesday 1 May 2013

Happy Birdie One Two

Greetings Nomad friends and followers.  Happy May Day to you all.  Wow, so that was April.  Just when I thought spring was here.  Tonight it's frosty again.  I think we may be in line to skip spring and go straight to summer. 

Over at Altered Pages we are playing with birds.  Now, I did fancy doing an ATC on eco-board because it's so nice and chunky to work with but I decided to make a hangy thing with some eco-board inchies from Altered Pages.


I used two postage stamp style stamps with birds on them.  The owl is from Crafty Individuals and the other is from Clearsnap.  I painted two inchies with purple acrylic paint, stamped them with the bird heads then covered with glossy accents.  Then I stamped the same stamps on glossy card, tinted with DI Dusty Concord, cut them out and stuck the inchies over the images.  I arranged them collage style and added some flowers and a bird from Altered Pages collage sheet 708D.  The frame is recycled from an old cardboard box.  I ripped some of the top layer to expose the corregations, painted with acrylic paint and some DI.   The words are from Crafty Secrets Angelic booklet. 

Entering this to
Altered Pages Challenge 8 - Birds
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Recycle
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes

Thanks for dropping by.  I hope Spring has found you, wherever you are.  

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Very interesting design work with great colors!
Sandy

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful!! Fabulous work!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Heathers Inspiration said...

Great card design, love the colours and texture :)

Kay Wallace said...

Love this project, Gail! You have not only created a great hanging thingy here, but you have answered my question about what does one do with inchies! However, as "Grammar Queen," I love your play on words. A++ from me!

Gia Lau said...

I love it Gail! I'm a fan of your work!

Gia Lau said...

Love it! I'm a big fan!