Sunday 4 November 2012

Crafters block

Hi everybody, I hope you are having a great weekend.  I'm having a little challenge with some projects I am working on.  You know how it is when things won't come together.  So while I am waiting for the fog to clear I thought I would do a bit of backposting.  I have been joining in at The Craft Barn with their Calendar Challenge.  This has already been running a few weeks and I started by emailing my entries to Izzy but now my blog is up and running I thought I'd blog in arrears in case anyone wanted the details on my little project.   Anyway this is my week one calendar.  The theme was vellum. 

I decided to make a heart shaped mini-book using my Sizzix Framelit scallop heart set.  I am using two pages per month (so maybe not so mini a book!!) and here's February.  I used Sizzix embossing folder "Always Forever" for the sentiment and coloured with Distress ink barn door and walnut stain.  I cut two vellum hearts from the second die in the framelit series and embossed them with Sizzix "Rays"embossing folder.  I cut the one so it fitted around the phrase.  I cut more hearts from plain and heart printed vellum using the smallest framelit die, embossed them then added some barn door for a bit of colour.  I have arranged them in pairs as butterfly wings and used the new Crafty Individuals (CI) butterfly die to cut the body which I coloured with various Pebeo prisme paints.  The two images are hand torn from CI miniature books "People and Places 2" and "Christmas".  The calendar is a web download with a hint of barn door.  I am using a couple of book rings to keep it all together.

I am entering this in The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge 1

No comments: