Sunday 14 June 2020

3000°C in the Shade

Hello Nomad friends.  It's hot!  Damn hot!!!  Even my colouring is challenged!!!  When you start to drip on your distress markers you know you need to get out of the craft room!!  But first, keeping it Clean and Simple, a bear, in the woods, looking into the meadow........


I used Poppystamps House in the Woods die to cut the fancy aperture in my card base.  I have used this die a lot, but the house is rarely seen.  It's such a pretty woodland, and I love that it just cuts the negative bits out.  


I found a couple of scraps on my desk and stamped the bear and heart from Poppystamps Love Note set.  I coloured one bear with distress markers and fussy cut it and one of the hearts.  I tuck the rest back in the stamp set for another day......


The little house was showing behind the bear so I cut it off.  I decided to do a northern lights background, and then decided it was too hot and I'd just use this fun patterned paper Susanne sent me.  It's full of night skies, galaxy's and bright patterns.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Poppystamps Challenge 69 - Clean and Simple
CASology Week 370 - Father
Country View Challenges - Summer Fields
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - It's a Man Thing 
Pixies Snippets Playground Challenge 380

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

That die is brilliant, I am not surprised you use it a lot. Love that little teddy too. You shouldn't have said the background is pp as I was thinking how amazing it was and wondering how you did it! Hot here today too, finding it hard to concentrate xx

Greta said...

Oh how cute, Gail! Sorry you're having a heatwave--I'd rather be cold than hot!

Joyce said...

What a cute card. So sorry about the heat. That bear looks like he is staying cool. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.

Di said...

Wow Gail - what a fabulous card and I totally adore your background die. Needless to say, I can't find one here in the UK - it looks so versatile. On the other hand, sometimes I get a bit greedy due to seeing all the lovely makes in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Fikreta said...

Its wonderful card!

pam said...

Stunning card you created Gail.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Jeanne J. said...

Awww this is so cute! Perfect card for papa bear!

Jen W. said...

That die cut really is gorgeous and I love the Northern Lights you created behind that adorable bear! I feel you about the hot craft room - I've been struggling with the same problem. Ugh! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!