Tuesday 22 August 2017

Whale Song

Hello.  Welcome.  I made a card for a friend.  

I did a watercolour wash with blue and green distress inks and cut Memory Box Tiny Bubbles die many times.  This is a two part die so I found a piece of greeny packaging in the scraps box to cut the back piece and then some strips of blue card, also scraps, to cut the bubble detail, and stuck them together.  Then I added them all over the card.  I stamped embossed and coloured the Rubber Dance whale, also with distress inks and some white gel pen highlights.  The Rubber Dance sentiment is stamped on vellum and I used Memory Box Lisette Buckle to attatch it to the card.  

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
CASual Fridays Challenge 180 - Friendship
Memory Box Challenge 27 - Go With The Flow
Country View Challenges August 2017 - Blues and Greens
Scrapy Land Challenge 72 - Anything Goes 
Pixies Snippets Playground Week 295 and 296 
Die Cut Diva's Challenge - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! I don't know why I didn't buy this stamp on my last visit to Rubber Dance. Next time.... Jo x

Michelle W said...

What a great card!! I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

Di said...

Oh this really is fabulous! I just love how you even added the bubbles - super result!

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors and the bubbles!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

You put a lot of love and care into this beautiful snippets card, Gail! The colors and bubbles are fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

Craftyfield said...

Perfect illustration of an underwater scenes! I love those bubbles... Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous ! Thank you for joining my challenge over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie xx

Julia said...

A great little underwater scene. I love the die cut bubbles, that must have taken ages to do but it looks very effective. Very nice.

Hazel Agnew said...

This is lovely Gail. Great touch to frame with stitches. Thanks for joining in with us at Country View Crafts.

Monica Maier said...

Love your background for the whale and the bubbles are great! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

stampjournal said...

Such a beautiful underwater scene you created. Thank you so much for participating in this month's challenge!