Thursday 2 February 2017

It's Here!! Check it Out!!!!

Hello.  Welcome.  I have heard that excessive use of exclamation marks is a sure sign of madness!!  Oops.....   No madness here, honest guvnor'.  Just excited, cos the January Reveal of the Card Chain Challenge is up on the Card Chain Challenge blog.  I am working behind the scenes with Deborah and Jo to keep this awesome exchange running smoothly and you really need to check out the awesome cards that have flown around the world in January.  They are Awesome!  But before you rush off.....

I have already shared the card I sent to Betty for January, but I actually made two this time.  This is not usual, but sadly Anita lost her father this month, very unexpectedly and suddenly, and I offered to send her card to Cat in MD, just to help her out a little at this very sad and difficult time.  I know everyone is sending their love and best wishes to you Anita. I hope that you like the card I sent to Cat on your behalf.  Hugz   



I didn't really notice that both cards I made used fairy images until Betty commented that she liked the little fairy I used on her card!  This one is a LOTV stamp.  I thought she looked like she is about to blow a kiss to the ladybug.  I used the January CCC colours and the theme of friendship.  I've coloured with distress inks and my waterbrush, and you might be able to see the glitter from the W&N iridescent watercolour medium.  The sentiment is from Crafty Individuals.  

Thanks for stopping by.  The February sign up is open until 6th February, if you think you would like to join this chain of awesome ladies and get a little snail mail dropping into your letterbox.  We would love for you to join the fun, especially if you are from a country beginning with L, O, Q, R, T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z, cos Deborah, whose wonderful idea this card exchange is, has never had people from countries beginning with those letters join the chain.  Come on, you know you want to.......   Hugz

Joining the fun at
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge
Stampotique Designers Challenge 266 - Love Bugs
Country View Challenge - Time Challenge, 30 Minutes or Less I'm not including thinking time.  There could have been a lot of thinking time!  But one layer stamping and whizz, whizz with the waterbrush and a QACAS card is born.  It might even have been born on the first attempt, but I'm not admitting anything!!!!

16 comments:

Jane said...

A gorgeous 30 minute card, great use of a previous design and perfect for our 30 minutes and under challenge over at Country View. I agree about the thinking time...I do a lot of that lying in bed first thing in the morning ;0) Thanks so much for joining us xx
Jane DT

Greta said...

So happy you've helped out all this time to keep the CCC going, Gail--thank you! What a totally delightful card & how sweet of you to step in for Anita--sending her card today. I absolutely love the sentiment you used--gotta find that! I should have your address, but to save me finding it could you send me an e-mail? Have a good day!

Donna Ellis said...

Sooooo sweet! What a beautiful card! hugs, de

Melissa L. said...

This is lovely and so pretty, Gail. Very sweet. Thanks for playing along at HLS' WC Challenge. :)

G Peplow said...

That is one cute fairy, lovely card! Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge

*Arwen* said...

So cute <3
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week :)

xx Arwen

Craftyfield said...

So cute... Thankfully the 30 mns didn't include thinking time!!! My 2nd make took forever in thinking time and I have noticed that the simpler the card the more time I need to place things "just right"!
Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awesome card! First I'll move to Zimbabwe and then I'll join in! :-)

Julie S said...

What a sweet and charming card! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

Aileen said...

So very cute, love your colouring and this wonderful stamp.

This N That said...

This is so simply sweet! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampotique!

Kathi said...

This is adorable.

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

Sam & Poppy said...

Aww so sweet,
thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

Jools Robertson said...

So cute!
Thank you for joining the Stampotique Challenge
Jools x

Jenny Colacicco said...

So cute!! Thank you for joining us at the HLS Watercolor Challenge. Jenny x