Saturday 2 May 2015

Black Hearts and Lace

Hello.  Welcome.  Lovely sunny day today.  I shoud be out doing some gardeney things but I was intrigued by this weeks challenge over at MFP.  So I thought I'd give it a go.  



The challenge is to make your own ric rac.  A tutorial is HERE.  I got out the Scor-pal and decided to go hot pink and black.  I am sure there is a die out there somewhere which would do a tidier and quicker job, but actually I like the texture all those little score lines give.  And it was kinda therapeutic doing all that scoring and cutting.  And of course we don't all have a die cutting machine.  I admit to being tempted to save the triangles as, yes, I am sure they could be used on a future project, but my desk is so full of UFO's I bit the bullet and added to the global waste mountain.   



Then it went a bit vintage?!?  Gothic ?!?  Can you have hot pink vintage?  OK, forget giving it a name. I stamped Flonzcraft Gibson Girls stamp on lilac paper.  Then added some purple for her and blue for him watercolour tints.  I was just going to add lace but this black heart ribbon fell on my head, yes really!!, so I figured it wanted to join the party.  The love is a Stamplorations stamp from the live love laugh set.  This is going to be a tag for a bridal gift.  Hope she likes it.  And the gift LOL

Joining the fun at
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 260 - We're Making Rick Rack 
FSC Challenge #96 - Lovers
Scor-pal More Than One Score Challenge 15 - Mothers Day/Special Lady 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
Crafty Ribbons Challenge 118 - Anything Goes with Ribbon 
Winnie & Walter INSD 2015 - Create Your Own Background 

Thanks for dropping by.  Off to take advantage of some last minute sunshine.  Hugz

15 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Love the colors you used for your ric-rac card! Beautiful card.

Shirley said...

I am sure you can have hot pink vintage (why not). Gorgeous make.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous take on the challenge with this 'hot' pink .
card.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Gothic vintage with a touch of the Hots. That's my name!!!! It looks fabulous. And I soooo relate to those scrappy things that very obv make their need to be added known! Go with the Muse and magic happens, like here!!!!

Barbie said...

Great card, you definitely met the challenge. Thank you for joining us on MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Great job on the Rick Rack and working it into your card so nicely! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!
hugs!
Pam
MFP SF&F DT

Davi said...

GREAT job on the rick rack challenge!! I like the colors and I think a little goth and vintage make a great combo :) Thanks for joining us this week!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cool contrast - the ric rac and the vintage couple!

Jane said...

Lovely card and a great job on the Rick Rack!
Thanks for joining us this week at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends challenges.

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely VINTAGE LOVE card the ric rack is really pretty thanks for sharing at MFP SFF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lis DT

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous design and bold color! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

downrightcrafty said...

what a fabulous creation, love it, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
Hugs Kate x

Christine said...

I love gothic vintage if that's what you're calling it. This card is just plain fun. Thanks for sharing with us at MFP's Speedy Fox and Friends.

Carol L said...

What a fantastic creation, complete with so many different styles! I love that hot pink & black combo - it rocks!!

JaniceAileen said...

Super fun colors! Thanks for joining us at Scor-pal!