Thursday 24 May 2018

Toasty Chestnuts

Hello.  Welcome.  They say today could be the warmest day in May since they started recording.  I don't think we are going to break records where we are, but it's toasty here!!  I had to re-ink my archival, and most of my glues were stubbonly not wanting to come out of their tubes/bottles, except for the UHU, which positively galloped out of the tube.  It's amazing how frisky solvent based products get when the craft room is too warm to be comfortable LOL.  So I decided to make a christmas card!! Well, that white hammered card always reminds me of snow........


I was inspired by Chriss' card over at Muse Christmas Visions, and it also reminded me of the YNS sketch.  I used Stamplorations Poinsettia Row, stamped, coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut.  Then I used some chrismas ribbon (God Jul is Norwegian for Merry Christmas) and a Papirdesign die for the sentiment.  I cut the sentiment once from red card and twice from black, layered and added some red glitter glue.  I also added some gold glitter glue to the center of the flowers. 

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Joining the fun at


8 comments:

Fikreta said...

so nice card!

Shery Russ said...

beautiful card! that hammered cardstock is the perfect base. glad to see this beauty in the STAMP gallery! :o)

Ardyth said...

Fabulous! I love that ribbon and how the poinsettias sit between the two lines. Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty, your Poinsettia strip!

Inkyfingers said...

Your poinsettia strip is gorgeous and I love how you framed it with the ribbon.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.

Chriss Blagrave said...

I love how your perfectly fussy cut poinsettias are nestled in between the fabulous ribbon! Beautiful card ❤️
Thanks so much for joining in with us at MCV for this Christmas in May and our 100th post, good luck with the prize drawings!

Robyn Oliver said...

Really nice card Gail, lots of cutting, lovely bright and fresh

Danoesja said...

This is so beautiful, i love how you use your ribbon on it.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja