Monday 29 February 2016

Hippity Hoppity Leap

Hello.  Welcome.  February 29th.  Did you wear red underskirts and propose?  Did you give birth to a baby who will be old enough to drink before he/she is old enough to go to school?  If you are born on 29th February do you only get a birthday once every 4 years?  Or do you celebrate on the 28th Feb and the 1st March??  Just curious.........  Well, however you spent your day I hope you have taken advantage of the extra 24 hours.  


  
I've made an ATC in the Rubber Dance challenge colours, red, white and kraft.  There are still 6, OK 5 and a half, hours to get your entry in.  Then it's all change with the new colours for March..........



I started by cutting my ATC, adding some ripped book paper and smudging with Barn Door distress ink.  I think this could be a hot romance......



I stamped and embossed the lion from African Animals and half a sentiment from Sarcastic Superpower.  The lion was coloured with Tea Dye distress ink.  

Thanks for dropping by.  All stamps are from Rubber Dance and if you are shopping you can get 15% off with the code gail2016.  If you get time to join the challenge we would love to see you there.  Hugz

Joining the fun at
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge Week 352 - Sentiment in Focus 
Scrappegarasjen Oppgave 21 - Embossing 
DRS Designs Challenge 215 - Hop, Skip or Jump  he looks like he might....

8 comments:

Bibi Lindahl said...

Haha, good thing I'm not stupid! Such a funny ATC, Gail!
Cool combo of my stamps - thank you!

Shelia said...

Your sentiment made me laugh!! and you're right, that lion looks like he's about to pounce!! Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

nwilliams6 said...

OM Gosh! This is sooooo great! There are days when I wish I could just prop this up on my desk (or truth be told, right in front of my own face when I have done something really dumb). Love, love, love that lion and that sentiment!!! Thanks for sharing this with us in the DRS Designs Challenge, Gail. Hugz

Jo Nevill said...

Great card !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Mervi said...

Fabulous atc card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

Not sure how I missed this one Gail, absolutely love the Lion and sentiment is classic.

Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

B x

Susanne Rose said...

That's a gorgeous ATC. My mom was a lucky girl and born on March 1st. And there was the 29th Feb!
xx Susanne.