Saturday 29 November 2014

2000 Beads On The Floor, And More

Hello.  Welcome.  It was going so well!  I had just found the perfect bead.  And suddenly they were all over the floor.  How did that happen??!!  My man says you opened them upside down!!  Nope, would have remembered that.  And that's why there are little 'open up the other way' stickers on selected items which contain 'many small parts'  LOL.  One second the tray was full of well organised beads of great variety.  The next second the tray was amazingly empty and beads were everywhere.  I think it may have been a cosmic shift.  Or maybe the North Atlantic Elevator has reversed.  I know I didn't say anything complimentary.  Ah well.  A pity some little elves didn't turn up to put them neatly into place again.  I now have a tray of assorted unsorted beads.  And will probably be finding strays for ever.  I got the card finished though *happy dancing*

This was inspired by a canvas Wanda made over at the PaperArtsy blog.  I loved the textures and colours and decided to try using embossing paste on burlap.  Yeah, like that's going to work......



I started with a piece of doty Bazzill, which wasn't the right shade so I hit it with a selection of brown inks.  A sensible person would have done the whole sheet but I just fiddled with one corner. 



I stuck down my piece of burlap and used Dreamweavers Matt Black embossing paste through PaperArtsy stencil PS007.  Sounds like a reminder for James Bond.  Oh, we are in a strange mood tonight.  Anyone would think it was a full moon.  Or after midnight.  That always brings out the crazy crafter.  



I really liked the style of the letter Wanda used.  So I improvised.  I used Sizzix Alpha Bubbles dies and pieced black and white card together.  Then I drew a circle and a cross and added some tiny bubbles.  The green is VersaMagic Hint of Pesto chalk ink.  Don't you have a whole alphabet in this style Leandra?? 



My gilding wax wouldn't play.  Too cold.  Or maybe too old.  So I hit the embossing paste with Brilliance Galaxy Gold.  Not sure it's an improvement but it does highlight the hessian texture which has come through the paste.  Cool.  Was actually quite pleased with the embossed effort.  Not too much paste seeped despite being applied on a semi-raised surface.  I made my flower as Wanda did but used Spellbinders cogs dies.  Steampunk flower!  Must remember that one.  There's the perfect bead.  Looking all innocent.  And a little metal leaf peeking out.  



I stamped and die cut the PaperArtsy moth and added a Hint of Pesto.  There's a couple of pieces of lace, obviously, and I mounted the panel on a green base card.  

Joining the fun at
PaperArtsy
DREAM It UP - Thankful

Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you are having a crafty weekend.  Hugz

5 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

Lovely, that flower turned out brilliantly! Love the burlap!

Lucy x

Craftyfield said...

Gail I so enjoyed reading your funny post! You set me off with the beads but I recognised a kindred spirit in the crafter who "only did a corner"!
I'm impressed by the way the paste worked on hessian. The letters you made are perfect alternatives to Wanda's and the whole makes for an original and stylish card.

Etsuko said...

Lovely card!! Beautiful stamping onto the burlap and great lettering. xxx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your card came out lovely--and I can so identify with beads spilling all over the place. I have a few containers of those un-assorted beads, too!

Art By Wanda said...

Love it!!!! I think the stenciling on the burlap looks fabulous!!!! I'm so glad you were inspired!!!