Monday 27 October 2014

Hats All Round

Hello.  Welcome.  Are you feeling the jingle yet??  I had my pumpkin party on Saturday so now my thoughts are turning to Yule.  Or Jul, as they say in Norwayland.  I was going to share one card but since I used embossing powder I decided to add a quicky using the stamp in a different way and join the fun at the Wow Challenge.  Let's do them in reverse because the second one I made uses the stamp in it's entirety, whilst the first one, which is the second one, uses just the border.  



This is the stamp I am using on both cards.  It's Crafty Individuals Winter Wonderland, stamped and embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I ripped around the embossed image.  This black card has a white core, which I have taken advantage of here.  Then I matted on a piece of red and ripped the edges of that as well.  I mounted on a black card and added a God Jul (Merry Christmas) white embossed on vellum.  This is a Panduro Design stamp.  

Joining the fun at
Papertake Weekly - Black and White plus one
STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge #22
Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Weather Forecast



I also made a shaker card using 2 pieces of corrugated card to give me the depth for my shaker.  I embossed a piece of pink card with Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder and added some pink and gold ink.  I stamped the border from CI Winter Wonderland around the aperture.  The penguins are also a Crafty Individuals stamp.  I stamped them on some paper I had used to mop up some distress inks and stole some hats from some santa stickers.  Now I have two penguins with hats and two santa's without LOL.  The border is Cheery Lynn Tiny Bubbles Border cut from gold mirror card.  I tried using gold embossing powder around the edge but the die cut was too deep so I decided to add some Dreamweavers embossing paste and sprinkle the gold embossing powder onto that.  Fab.  I think the embossing paste puffed up here and there when I was heating giving even more delicious texture.  


Love the penguins.  I have a piece of white mulberry paper in the aperture as well to give a snowy fluffy effect.  The edges of the pink layer have been distressed to make them stand out.  I backed my shaker with a piece of paper from CI Christmas Background papers pad.  

Joining the fun at


So here they are together.  Two more for the Christmas card pile.  Yippeeee.  

Joining the fun at

Thanks for your visit.  Off to finish putting things away after the party.  Hugz

20 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Christmas will be coming up soon! Looks like you've got a good stash going! I really like the shaker card and the black background of the first card is really cool, too!

Meggymay said...

Wonderful cards. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time. The black background and image you used look fantastic.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Jean Hardy said...

Fabby cards Gail! Love those penguins and the fact its a shaker card is so cool too. Many thanks for joining in the CI October Challenge. Jean x

Bettina L. said...

This is beautiful. Love the embossing and the detail with the ribbon border. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

shulsart said...

Gail, love the bubble frame you created from the border die. Adding the paste creates a lot of texture and interest. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Gail, those little penguins are so cute and really suit the frame you have made from the bubble border. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week and good luck.
Julie x

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Love the penguins with the hats, great texture too x

Ink Art Designs said...

These are gorgeous cards Gail. Using part of a stamp is one of my fav things to do...it gives you so much more scope for your stamps.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Kay Wallace said...

Two fab holiday cards, Gail, although I have to disagree with you on when to start celebrating the "yuletide!" For me, it's not until after the Thanksgiving dishes are put away! Ha!

Gio said...

ohmy, these are both fantastic cards, Gail! Love the black contrast and uniqueness of the first one, and the quirky design and colours of the second!

Craftyfield said...

Love both cards, the Christmas CI stamp is lovely a good choice for the 2 ways challenge. And your penguins with hats... fun and cute. The Cheery Lynn frame with yummy embossing looks fantastic too.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

What great cards Gail! Thanks for joining the challenge and giving me some inspiration today.

susiestacey said...

Two lovely cards
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Get Ahead For Christmas' Challenge and Winter Wonderlands Gold Challenge and good luck x Susan x

brenda said...

Running really late this week Gail, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to thank you for joining our Christmas theme at Penny Black and More this month.

B x

Cocofolies said...

Hi Gail, both are lovely and unusual, and I adore the one with the penguins!!!! Thank you for sharing them with us on CI challenge's blog, I always enjoy visiting you. :) Hugs, Coco x

Irina Gerschuk said...

Oh, wow!! Such a nice idea with the bubbles))))) Love the golden touch on the project too))))
Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Deepti said...

Lovely cards :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 200 - hope to see you again soon x

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail. Great cards. Love how the white embossed snow pops against the black in your first card and the two penguins are super cute. Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge at STAMPlorations. Good Luck! Monika

Sylvia said...

Two fabulous cards, love the Crafty Individuals Winter Wonderland stamp, must dig mine out and use it this year.

Sylv xx